Monday, August 26, 2013

Woman Entrepreneur Rattan Kaur Chawla looks back and extends her love for her alma-mater

Just received a below testimonial from one of our Akal Academy Alumni, Baru sahib student Rattan Kaur Chawla.
It is quite pleasant to hear from her after a long time. Her words just made our day today!

We, all members & volunteers thank Rattan Kaur Chawla with all our heart for taking out time to express her love for Baru Sahib.

God Bless!

Akal Academy Baru Sahib was a turning point in my life. I can say I was given a new life and rebirth of my soul. Coming from an affluent family in Delhi, I was much pampered at home. This was the time when my mother decided that I needed some urgent attention related to education. She decided that I had to be sent to a hostel. The topic of Akal Academy came up when my uncle suggested to my father that he has already sent his daughter to Akal Academy and told him all the good qualities of Akal Academy. My parents were really impressed after visiting Akal Academy Baru Sahib though I was not sure if I would be able to take up the challenge to study in there. But, then my parents persuaded me and there was no looking back after that. 
I adjusted very well to the environment, everyone's love and affection at Baru Sahib made me stronger everyday. I wanted to spend my entire life at Baru Sahib as it was so peaceful and divine. A divine power attracted me to the place. I achieved a lot in the four years that I spent at Baru Sahib. I think this knowledge of four years was more than I had gained in nineteen years of my life. A very important thing, which I feel today I learned from Baru Sahib, was the qualities of self-motivation and discipline from the routine activities during my stay at Baru Sahib. 
I was always encouraged by all the staff members at Baru Sahib in everything. It gave me immense confidence. I participated in most of the sports and enjoyed my stay at Baru Sahib thoroughly. I could not stay back in Baru Sahib after my 10th class as I had interest in commerce stream, which was not offered at Baru Sahib at that time. So, I had to move back to Delhi for my further studies where I joined G.D Goenka Public School. 
Further, to fulfill my dreams, I went to Australia in Griffith University Gold Coast for my Bachelor of Business. The great experience at Baru Sahib made my stay easy in Australia. Currently, I am handling my family business (Fun ‘N' Food Village at Delhi, Nagpur, Dubai, Taskent). I am leaving for Dubai to work and pursue my MBA in University of Wollongong, Dubai which is actually a branch of Wollongong University of Australia. It will be a great honour for me to assist Akal Academy in anyway I could. 
In the end, I would like to express thanks and gratitude to everyone at Baru Sahib who had the faith in me to be what I am today. I would by no means forget each moment spent with everyone at Baru Sahib.  
My message to all the students at Baru Sahib, “We humans are special creation of God worth far more than any earthly treasure. So, we should make the best use of our life."
Rattan Chawla,
Class X, 2000 Batch 

1 comment:

  1. It is really impressive...thought Ms Rattan Chawla ,many other girls n boys would get inspiration from u..n make their life useful for betterment of society....
    After more than 10 years of leaving Baru Sahib when i met my most respected teacher n asked for one grt. Thought or lesson for my life his reply was"A day will come when money making will even become boring task for u ...so one should always carry out the task of finding new, things in oneself to keep life interesting"

    ReplyDelete